Kayley's Blog

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

My Trip to Victoria

| 0 comments

Cherry Esplanade Keith Carver via Compfight

Hello readers,

This spring break I went to a place called Victoria! Victoria is the capital of British Columbia and it is almost at the very bottom of Vancouver Island. I went with one of my friends and my Dad. This is our day that we spent there!

On our way there we stopped in at this really amazing pit stop. It had a river running  through it and it had trees that 5 kids could barley rap their arms around it! It felt like you were in a huge rain forest with birds flying everywhere.

One of the first things that we did when we got to Victoria was visit China town! In China town there is a place called Fan Tan alley and in Fan Tan alley there is a store called The Never Ending Store. By the name of the store you can probably guess what it is like! It is one really long store that feels like it never ends. I didn’t buy any thing because I was too distracted by how big the store was! After that we visited a store called… I don’t actually remember what it was called but it had lots of touristy kind of stuff. My friend got a pair of trainer chop sticks. Trainer chop sticks have a little character at the top of them that holds both chop sticks together to make it easier to use. I bought one of my favourite foods Pockys. If you have never had a pocky you need to try one! It is a bread stick that is dipped in chocolate of your choice. There are to many flavors to list.

After being tourists and eating dinner at this really delicious place we chilled out in our hotel room for a bit.We stayed in a hotel the was right by the Victoria’s legislature. The legislature is on of my favourite things about Victoria! At night time it has lights that go all the way around the building. I wonder how many lights there are in total? Because this building is huge and when I say huge I mean HUGE. After sitting down in our hotel room and goofing around we got really bored so me and my friend sprinted down to the pool. We got out of the pool at 10:00 pm and we went out of our hotel in our P.J’s to go look at the lights on the legislature and run around. It looked like a place were unicorns and magical things live because it was so pretty!Doing that got a lot of energy out so we went back to our hotel. (We had so much energy we could have run around that building at least 10 times)

In the morning we woke up and had breakfast(it was sooooooooooooooo good) We had pancakes and bacon!! I love bacon it’s delicious. We didn’t know what to do because we had to check out if our hotel in 10 minuets so the worst idea struck us! My friend and I broke out into a pillow fight! The pillows went flying and we were bouncing from bed to bed! Then BANG!*!* Her mouth hit me head and now I have a very little indent on my forehead from her tooth. We checked out of our hotel room and started our drive back home. On our way back we stopped in at a mall in Nanimo and looked around a bit but other than that we didn’t do much else after that and was the end of my trip!

Have you ever heard about Victoria? Have you ever had a pocky?

Hope you enjoyed my blog post about my spring break trip!

Have a wonderful day,

~Kayley<3