Kayley's Blog

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

10 Things I Wouldn’t Want For Christmas!

| 21 Comments

Christmas Lights
Hey readers,

Christmas is my most favourite time of the year so you will probably be seeing more Christmas posts on my blog! So dear friends and family, here is a list of 10 things that you definitely shouldn’t get me. Here you go:

1.  A pet snake or spider. If you dare to get me a snake or a spider for Christmas you will be getting a lump of coal from me. My friend Jayden has a pet snake and I held him. His name is Carter… He scares the living poop out of me. Even though he’s only a garter snake. I also really hate spiders. I don’t mind the little ones but it’s the HUGE ones that scares me!
  2. A cold! Being sick on Christmas or during the holidays sounds like the worst! There isn’t much else to say about being sick other than that it sucks.
  3. Brussels sprouts, one of the worst food, in my mind. I wish they weren’t even a thing! P.S Dad,I’m still not going to eat them this Christmas.
  4. If I was to open a present and see a huge pile of homework,I think I would be pretty angry. But if I was to open a pile of homework that was about horses I think I would happy to see that homework. Never thought I would say that in my lifetime.
  5.  A dress. If you ever see me in a dress, please check my temperature! There might be a few times a year when I wear a dress (the river, beach or at a really fancy event.)
  6. You shouldn’t get me golf equipment. I absolutely HATE golf, you might know this already by reading my alphabet of me post. I only like driving the golf carts.
  7. You probably shouldn’t get me a scarf. I don’t mind scarfs but I would rather not get one for Christmas. I don’t like how they feel like they are strangling you.
  8. Please don’t get me glue. I am really bad at gluing! I get it absolutely everywhere. So that’s why you shouldn’t get me glue.
  9.   A goose. If you know me then you would know that I love almost all animals. I love farms,but there is this one animal that drives me absolutely crazy! It’ the geese with there non-stop honking. They are quite vicious. They chase you and hiss.
  10. Last but not least, don’t make my Christmas present a picture with a mall Santa.  (MOM!) They creep me out. That’s all I have to say about that one, I think you can see why I despise mall Santa.

What would you not want for Christmas?

Have a wonderful day,

~Kayley<3

Guido Gloor Modjib via Compfight

21 Comments

1. Hey Kayley,
    You made some very valid points in your post, and i agree with a lot of them. I would not want a goose either, they are loud, mean and dirty. All things I DON’T want the 3 main qualities of a pet be. Mall Santa’s are really weird, really. I don’t want to sit on a fake Santa’s lap. I weirdly don’t mind brussel sprouts. I mean, they can be super gross if they are boiled or cooked wrong. But, if they are prepared correctly then I will eat them. What are some thing you do want for Christmas?
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Olivia

• Hey Olivia,
      Uggg geese are so annoying! Those are some horrible quality’s for a pet. Aren’t mall Santa’s just the weirdest things ever! They are terrible impostors. Hmmm Its not that weird that you like brussel sprouts. Lots of people love them! I just don’t like eating baby cabbages.
      Something that I do want for Christmas is a new saddle pad for horse riding for Christmas.
      Have a wonderful day,
      ~Kayley<3

2. Hi Kayley, thanks for telling me what you do not want for Christmas! Dad 🙂

3. hi, my name is Mackenzie, i was just reading some of your blogs and i enjoyed reading them. 🙂

4. Kayley,

Hi! I am an eighth grade student from the US, and I just came across your blog. I know it’s after Christmas, but I thought I would read this anyway. I agree with you that brussel sprouts are one of the worst foods and that the only fun part of golf is driving the cart. This post was really fun to read!

Devin

• Hey Devin!
      What is it like to be in grade eight? Brussel sprouts make me gag because they are mushey and gross. Me and my Uncle make a bet every year that if i can eat a whole brussel sprout he gives me two dollars. How is the USA? Do you like living there?
      Have a wonderful day,
      ~Kayley<3

• I totally agree Devin!

5. Hi Kayley! What an exciting post to read! I love the way you did something different than the normal list to Santa of what you want! This gave me a good idea to let my mom know what not to get me when I come home from college for spring break! (She always wants to get me a coming home present whenever I visit home!) I love the humor and energy of the post! Keep it up!

Braelie

• Hey Braelie,
      Thank you for all the compliments! I hope that your mom now knows that you don’t want to go visit a mall Santa. What has your mom gotten you for your coming home present in the past years?Thank you again for being so supportive!
      Have a wonderful day,
      ~Kayley<3

6. Hi Kayley!
    I am a 19 year old college student from the US! I really enjoyed reading your blog post and about the things you would not want for Christmas. Most of the time the question, “what do you want for Christmas?” arises and it leaves kids thinking “hmmm, I don’t know.” I think it is so very creative of you to look at it from a different perspective. During Christmas gifts are special, so it is very mature of you to say, here are things I would not like, which also shows you are open to any gift that your someone special decided is right for you. I enjoyed reading this and really hope that you continue to be creative in your writing.
    Have a great day!
    Ashley

7. Dear Kayley,
    Hello from the U.S.A! I noticed you are signed up for the Student Blogging Challenge for March 2018 and wanted to check out your blog! I would never want a snake or spider, I am definitely not a bug person. I was sick last Christmas, but it wasn’t that bad, because I enjoyed Breakfast in Bed and other special treats. Thank goodness I am not the only one who feels that way about scarfs! I know it is late and no longer Christmas, but I love this post! What did you want for Christmas? Thanks for being such an amazing blogger!
    Blog on,
    Lily http://24lilyz.edublogs.org

• Hey Lily,
      What is it like to live in the US? What State do you live in? My friend Jayden has a Snake named Carter and he scares the crap out of me. The only bugs that I like are worms and butterflys.I have only been sick of Christmas once and it was horrible. I’m glade that someone treated you to breakfast in bed! What kind of treats do you enjoy on Christmas. Something that I wanted for Christmas was a new pair of horse riding gloves and I did end up getting them.. YAY! It gets cold waht I am horse riding. What did you want for Christmas?
      Have a wonderful day,
      ~Kayley<3

8. Hey Kayley,
    I am am from the USA and I love all of your blogs! They are so much better than mine and you must have spent so much time on them! Please keep posting I love everything. I especially like this one because it is funny!

• Hey What is it like to live in the US? I’m sure that your blog will grow with time! My blog has been around for two years!
      Have a wonderful day,
      ~Kayley<3

• I love the US! Thank you! Any suggestions on posts?

• Hey Sarah,
          Do you have any pets? That’s always an easy and fast post to do. What are your favorite hobbies? Maybe you could right about them?
          Have a wonderful day,
          ~Kayley<3

9. I loved your Christmas one. I to hate Brussel sprouts to. Here’s a trick hide it in your napkin or put it in your mouth go to the restroom then spit it out.

10. Hello Kayley!

My name is Emma, I am a sixth grader in North Carolina, USA.
    This is my blog: http://24emmab.edublogs.org/page/2/
    I came across your blog and I am super glad I did! Even though it is three months after Christmas I really enjoyed reading this blog! I can relate to it so much!

~Emma