Kayley's Blog

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

My Favourite Christmas Movies

| 6 Comments

Hey readers,

Ahh!It’s getting to be that time… When every store is playing Christmas music, all the ads on T.V. are Christmas related and the children start writing their Christmas lists. I love Christmas movies because when it’s cold out you can get your warm blankets (don’t forget the popcorn)and start the Christmas movie binge watch. So here are my top five favourite Christmas movies.
P.S they aren’t in order and a bit of a spoiler alert for any one who hasn’t watched these movies. 

1.How The Grinch Stole Christmas 

I think that this movie is really funny. Did you know that the budget for this movie was 123 million dollars.  I really do wonder how much time every single person spent in a makeup chair. Especially Jim Carrey because he had to play the Grinch.

Image result for how the grinch stole christmas

2. Elf
Imagine seeing a fully grown man walking around down town New York doing weird things like hopping on the road like a bunny. I think that if I ate Buddy The Elf’s spaghetti I would throw up. If you don’t know what his spaghetti is, it’s a plate of spaghetti, marshmallows, M&Ms, chocolate syrup, maple syrup, pop tarts and sprinkles.

Image result for elf

3.Home Alone

Wouldn’t it be pretty scary if your parents left for a trip and you got left at home? I think that his creative traps are amazing. Just the thought of two weirdos trying to get in to your house is creepy. But the way he handles it is very funny!

Image result for home alone

4.Charlie Brown Christmas

This one is based on the comic strip the peanuts. Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree is a very iconic image in the movie. It was released on December 91965 with a budget of 96 000 dollars.

Image result for charlie brown christmas

5.Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer

In this one from 1989 is about Santa’s lead reindeer having to save the day. I love the really old vibe of this movie compared to the newer movies. This is one of my favourites because it’s a great classic!

Image result for rudolph the red nosed reindeer

I hope you enjoyed this post about Christmas movies! Do you have any favourite movies? Do we have any in common?

Have a wonderful day,

~Kayley<3

6 Comments

1. Dear Kayley,

This might sound crazy, but those are my favorite Christmas movies, as well! I am so excited for Winter Break. I can’t wait to stay home drink hot chocolate and watch movies. I love the Home Alone series it is so funny. I love his traps that he set around the house. Also, Elf is such a good movie. Another one of my favorite movies is, Matilda. I know it is not a Christmas movie, but I still love to watch it. You should watch it too. Make sure to check out my blog; here is the link; https://goo.gl/xXKXmU

Sincerely,
    Giselle M.

• Hey Giselel,
      That’s funny that those are your favorites as well! I am also really excited for Christmas break! I get to go to New Zealand for a bit to see my grand parents. Hot chocolate is great on those cold winter days! His traps are so creative and awesome! I have watched Matilda and its fantastic.
      Have a wonderful day,
      ~Kayley <3

2. Hi Kayley,
    My favorite Christmas movies are Elf,Home Alone, Home Alone Lost in New York,Frosty the snowman, The Grinch and Christmas with the kranks. I am writing a blog post all about them, it will be up soon. I hope you have a great day bye!
    -Briana

• Hey Briana,
      Aw darn how could I forget about Christmas With The Kranks! I can’t wait to read about your Christmas movies.
      Have a wonderful day,
      ~Kayley<3

3. Hey Briana,
    I sadly have still not seen Charlie Brown Christmas. I don’t think I have ever seen Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer. I have heard the story of course, but I don’t think I have ever seen that movie. My favourite Christmas movies are Christmas love story’s. They can be super cheesy but I love them!
    Have a great Christmas!
    Olivia

• Hey Olivia,
      If you weren’t in Arizona and in Christmas choir you could have watched it. When we were waiting for our turn to sing in the Christmas concert we were watching it. I have never seen Christmas love story. One of my other favourites is the National Lampoons Christmas. Have you ever seen that?
      Have a wonderful day,
      ~Kayley<3